Jessica Jozwiak is a litigation paralegal with Pugh, Jones & Johnson, P.C. She received a Bachelor’s Degree in Business and Marketing from DePaul University. In 2013, she decided to leave the field of Marketing and enter the legal field, enrolling in a Paralegal Studies program. In 2014, she received her Paralegal Certificate from Harper College.
As a litigation paralegal, with most of her experience in the Complex Civil Litigation practice group, Jessica supports our attorneys in all aspects of the firm’s litigation practice. She assists with document examination and management, fact development, managing and utilizing e-discovery platforms and deposition and trial preparation.
- Supported attorneys and attended five-day arbitration regarding Title VII claims. Essential in preparation and management of all materials used at arbitration and witness preparation meetings. Attended and participated in witness interviews. Responsible for all technology and presentation of exhibits during arbitration. Facilitated in the preparation and finalization of post arbitration briefing.
- Handle all aspects of document review and coding regarding e-discovery for a global insurance company.
- Aid attorneys with internal investigations. Appear at and participate in client interviews.
- Instrumental in trial preparation for a global law firm in defense of legal malpractice in excess of $400 million. Integral in e-discovery document review in Relativity platform. Prepared all documents required for 15 depositions, attended five depositions and managed all exhibits utilized during the depositions. Prepared documents and presentations for use during mock jury exercise. Participated in pre-trial strategy meetings with attorneys and client. Regular communication with the client. Attended and was responsible for document projection during mock trial. Part of the team that gathered and reviewed over 1000 exhibits in preparation for trial. (The case settled prior to jury selection the first day of scheduled trial.)
- Essential in trial preparation for a federal criminal trial. Attended and participated in pre-trial and trial strategy meetings with attorneys and the client. Key contact for the courthouse in anticipation of trial. Supported and assisted attorneys in witness meetings. Regular communication with client regarding case status. Managed over one terabyte of data in the case. Attended trial and was responsible for all technology and presentation of documents during witness examination.