Glenn Weinstein is a Partner with Pugh, Jones & Johnson, and a member of its Public Finance Practice Group. Prior to joining the Firm, Glenn was Senior Counsel with the Chicago firm of Chapman and Cutler LLP, an Associate with the Chicago firm of Schiff Hardin LLP and a law clerk to the Honorable John A. Nordberg of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Glenn has served as bond counsel, disclosure counsel, underwriter's counsel, trustee's counsel and credit enhancement provider's counsel on tax-exempt bond issues for numerous state agencies and units of local government in Illinois, and on tax-exempt bond issues for issuers in the states of Alaska, California, Connecticut, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Wisconsin and Wyoming. Representations by Glenn have included issues of general obligation, limited tax, revenue and alternate revenue source bonds, and conduit issues for airports, air cargo facilities, solid waste disposal facilities, industrial development projects, multi-family housing, single-family housing, universities, hospitals and other 501(c)(3) entities. He has worked extensively with multi-modal and auction rate financings, advance and current refundings, multiple-tranche issuances under ongoing debt programs, reissuances of tax-exempt bonds, interest mode conversions and substitutions of credit facilities, trustees and remarketing agents. Glenn was first selected as a Leading Lawyer by the Leading Lawyers Network in 2012 and has been selected every year since.
- Co-Bond Counsel for the Sales Tax Securitization Corporation (City of Chicago) $605,430,000 Sales Tax Securitization Bonds, Taxable Series 2019A.
- Bond Counsel for the City of Chicago Not to Exceed $400,000,000 Commercial Paper Notes, 2002 Program, Series E and F.
- Co-Disclosure Counsel for the Chicago Housing Authority $325,000,000 General Obligation Bonds, Series 2018B (Federally Taxable).
- Co-Bond Counsel for the County of Cook, Illinois $155,630,000 Sales Tax Revenue Bonds, Series 2018.
- Bond and Disclosure Counsel for the Regional Transportation Authority, Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry and Will Counties, Illinois $150,000,000 General Obligation Working Cash Notes, Series 2018A (Taxable).
- Co-Bond Counsel for the State of Illinois $500,000,000 General Obligation Bonds, Series of May 2018.
- Co-Bond Counsel for the New York State Housing Finance Agency $218,350,000 7 West 21st Street Housing Revenue Bonds 2015 Series A, 2015 Series B (Federally Taxable), 2016 Series A, 2016 Series B (Federally Taxable) and 2018 Series A (Federally Taxable).
- Bond Counsel for the New York State Housing Finance Agency $175,000,000 260 Kent Avenue Housing Revenue Bonds, 2018 Series A-1, A-2 and A-3 (Federally Taxable).
- Underwriter's Counsel for the Illinois Finance Authority $164,705,000 Revenue Bonds, The University of Chicago, Series 2018A and Taxable Revenue Bonds, The University of Chicago, Series 2018B.
Service and Memberships
- National Association of Bond Lawyers (Former Chair, Securities Law and Disclosure Committee)
- Federal Securities Laws of Municipal Bonds, Co-Editor, Deskbook, Sixth Edition
- Project Chair, NABL Model Letter of Disclosure Counsel
- Panelist, NABL 2019 Institute - "The Life of Disclosure Counsel"
- Chair, NABL 2018 Workshop – “Understanding the Role of the Municipal Advisor”
- Chair, NABL 2018 Essentials Seminar - "Closing Logistics"
- Panelist, NABL 2018 Essentials Seminar - Role of Underwriter's Counsel
- Panelist, NABL 2017 Essentials Seminar - "General Securities Law"