Pugh, Jones & Johnson, P.C. ("PJJ") was established in 1991 to provide quality litigation and transactional legal services to clients who value timely solutions delivered efficiently and cost-effectively. We are one of the largest minority-owned and managed law firms in the Midwest and our lawyers are acknowledged leaders in their field.
PJJ provides legal services in complex civil and white collar criminal trials and appeals, municipal finance, complex commercial real estate transactions and other transactional expertise to corporations, governmental entities, institutions and entrepreneurs. We are experienced trial counsel, and municipal and finance professionals. Our lawyers are former federal prosecutors, general counsel and senior in-house counsel.
PJJ attorneys are labor and employment trial lawyers and counsel on specific claims including administrative proceedings, federal and state court lawsuits, mediation, arbitration and collective bargaining. We are global compliance lawyers with a depth of experience in internal investigations. We try complex civil cases including patent, employment, insurance, catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death claims, medical malpractice and pharmaceutical products liability cases, and handle highly sophisticated corporate internal investigations. PJJ also has extensive experience in regulatory proceedings, particularly cases involving energy and telecommunications.
In the public finance area, PJJ serves as bond counsel, co-bond counsel, special tax counsel, counsel to credit enhancement providers and issuer's counsel. We are listed in the Bond Buyer's "Red Book" as a firm of recognized municipal bond attorneys.
PJJ maintains a full-service real estate practice with extensive experience in commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, privatization, development, leasing, financing and construction.
We have attained the following prestigious certifications and recognitions:
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- American Board of Criminal Lawyers
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Society
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Named One of Top 500 Go-To Law Firms
- Chambers USA Leading Business Lawyers
- Leading Lawyers, Super Lawyers (Law & Politics and Chicago magazines) and Best Lawyers in America
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- U.S. Green Building Council LEED AP certified
- Illinois Attorneys Under 40 to Watch
- Top Women Lawyers in Illinois
- Certified by multiple states and local governments as a Minority Business Enterprise
- Member, The National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms
- Charter member, National Minority Law Group